The Mindset Revolution Privacy Notice
Section 1: About The Mindset Revolution
The Mindset Revolution Ltd (TMR)
Correspondence address: 156 Hatfield Rd, St Albans, AL1 4JD, United Kingdom.
Telephone: 0203 475 3302
The Mindset Revolution Ltd.
Registered office: 156 Hatfield Rd, St Albans, AL1 4JD, United Kingdom.
UK Company Number: 9691601
Our website address is: https://www.themindsetrevolution.co.uk.
The data controller for TMR is: Marcus Thomlinson
Section 2: What data we need
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact TMR
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
The legal basis for processing this data is to perform the normal trading activities and provision of services of TMR.
Section 3: Why we need it
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use https://www.themindsetrevolution.co.uk.
We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on themindsetrevolution.co.uk
- how long you spend on each themindsetrevolution.co.uk page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are, UNLESS you complete our contact form.
We also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- allow you to access government services and make transactions
- provide you with information about local services if you want it
Section 4: What we do with your data
The data we collect may be recorded and kept in software that we use to carry out our normal business activities. We currently use the following applications: Microsoft Office 365 Suite including contacts manager. Hubspot Client Relationship Management software. Coach Accountable Client Management software .
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
Section 5: Data you choose to supply to us
You may provide TMR with information about you in the form of a contact form, business card or verbally. We do not share or sell this information with anyone.
We do store data in the following 3rd party apps for internal management and marketing purposes:
This is purely for the management of record keeping and keeping in touch with you.
If you leave a comment on a post for example, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Section 6: How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Section 7: Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Section 8: Where your data is processed and stored
We use third party software such a Microsoft One drive, Hubspot CRM, Coach Accountable and Mail Chimp to run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
Your personal data may, throughout the course of its processing at GDS, be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is the case, all appropriate technical and legal safeguards will be put in place to ensure that you are afforded the same level of protection as within the EEA.
Section 9: How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We use Bitdefender Anti Malware and Ransom ware protection on all our PC’s, Phones and Tablets that access your data. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure. See their own security policies via the links in section 5.
Section 10: Your rights
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Controller.
Section 11: Links to other websites
themindsetrevolution.co.uk contains links to other websites.
Section 12: Following a link to another website
Section 13: Following a link to themindsetrevolution.co.uk from another website
Section 14: Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, TMR will take reasonable steps to let you know.
3rd August 2019